Friday 27 April 2012

Will of Imam Hasan and role of Ayesha (la)


Ibn Abbas Narrates:

When Hasan bin Ali (as) was suffering from the illness that led to his death, Husain bin Ali (as): went to him and said:

How do you feel, O my brother?

Hasan (as) replied: 

I find myself in the last day of this life and the first day of the Hereafter. I know that my death has come, and soon I will join my grandfather and my father (as). 

Although I hate to be separated from you, our brothers, and the loved ones, I love meeting the Messenger of Allah and the Commander of the Believers, Ali bin Abi Taleb - Allah's blessings be on them - and my mother, Fatema(sa) and Hamza and Jafar (as).

Condolence is with Allah in every tragedy. 

O my brother! You can see my liver in this dish in front of me and I know who did this to me. So what are you going to do with my killer (if I tell you who it is)? 

"I swear to Allah that I will kill the one who did this to you." Husain (as) replied.

Imam Hasan (as) said: Then I swear to Allah that I will not mention the name of my killer until I meet the Messenger of Allah (saww). But write the following, O my brother! 


This is the will of Hasan bin All bin Abi Taleb (asws) to his brother, Husain bin Ali (asws):


I testify that there is no god but Allah and He has no partners. And I worship Allah the way He deserves to be worshipped for He has no partner in the kingdom, nor is He disgraced by having any need for a helper. 



He created everything and determined a fixed measure for it. He has more authority on the slaves than they have on themselves, and He deserves to be praised the most. Those who obey Him are on the right path; those who disobey Him have deviated (from the right path), and those who repent to Him are guided. 


O Husain! Regarding my family, my sons, and your family, I advise you to be forgiving of their wrongdoings and to accept from those who do good from among them, and to be my replacement and a father to them. 


O Husain! Bury me next to the Messenger of Allah (saww), for I deserve to be buried next to him and in his house more than those who entered his house without his permission. 

Allah has not sent any book to them after the (book revealed to the) Prophet, and he says in His hook, "O you who believe! Do not enter the houses of the Prophet without asking for permission" (33:53). 


I swear to Allah that the Prophet (saww) never gave permission to them to enter his house in his life nor did they receive any permission in that regard after his death.

But we have permission to act independently in our inheritance. So if the woman (Ayesha) stands in your way, I ask you through the nearness that Allah has given us and through our relation to the Messenger of Allah (saww) not to fight her and those with her, and not to spill any blood over this issue until we meet the Messenger of Allah (saww), and complain to him about how people treated us after his death.


Ibn Abbas added:

Then Hasan (as) died and Husain bin Ali (as) called Abdullah bin Jaafar, Ali bin Abdullah bin Abbas and I to (help) perform Ghusl. 


We performed Ghusl, embalmed him, and shrouded him. Then we prayed on him in the mosque of the Prophet (saww). Husain (as) ordered us to open the door of the house of the Prophet (saww) so we could bury Hasan (as).

But Marwan bin Hakam, the family of Abu Sayan, and the sons of Othman bin Affan stopped us on our way and said: 


The Commander of the Believers, Othman bin Affan, the martyr, was buried unjustly far away in the worst place, and you want to bury Hasan (as) with the Messenger of Allah (saww) We swear to Allah that we will not let you do this and we will fight you with our swords and spears.

Husain bin Ali (as) replied: 

I swear to Allah that Hasan (as), son of Ali and Fatema (sa), is more worthy of being buried next to the Prophet (saww) in his house than those who were buried in his house without his permission. 

Hasan bin Ali (as) is more worthy than the sinner (Othman) who exiled Abu Dhar, who did what he did to Ammar, who did what he did to Abdullah (lbn Mas'oud), who brought back those whom the Messenger of Allaht (saww) had banished (Marwan bin Hakam), and who made you kings after him. And (as a result) now our enemies and the sons of our enemies are following you. 

Then we moved Hasan (as) to Bagee' and buried him next to his (grand) mother, Fatemah (sa), (bint Asad). 

Then I heard the noise of some horses. When (I looked up) I saw a person whose evilness I knew only too well. When I went closer, I saw Ayesha on a mule with forty horsemen, and she was ordering them to fight and kill us. 

When she saw me she said: O Ibn Abbas! You people do not have any respect for me! You keep bothering me! Now you want to bring someone whom I do not like to my house!"



I (Ibn Abbas) replied:


What a disaster!! One day on a camel (Battle of larnal) and one day on a mule!!

All you want to do is extinguish the light of Allah, kill the friends of Allah, and stand between the Messenger of Allah (saww) and his love, Hasan (as). Go back because Hasan (as) is already buried next to his grandmother - and by not being buried next to the Messenger of Allah (saww), he only got closer to Allah, and you people only moved further away from Allah. Go back because you got what you wanted.

Ayesha glared at me and screamed, "Have you not forgotten the Day of Jamal, O Ibn Abbas?! You people are spiteful."


I replied, "I swear to Allah that the inhabitants of the skies have not forgotten that day. So how can the people on earth forget it?"'

No comments:

Post a Comment